The Department is rich in tradition and service, is proud to serve as the “Law West of the Pecos.”
The Pecos Police Department is a dynamic organization that projects values of honesty, integrity and service to the citizens of Pecos. Employees work hard and dedicate themselves to accomplish our mission statement. The Department will never be “soft on crime” and will work hard to make Pecos a safe place to live, work and visit. The Police Department recognizes the importance of involving the community to assist in fighting crime and increase the quality of police services. Therefore, citizen input is very important to us. As you view our website, it is the Department’s hope that you will realize the amount of services and information the Department offers.
Mission StatementThe Pecos Police Department, as part of and empowered by the community, is committed to:
- Protecting lives, property and the rights of people.
- Maintaining order.
- Enforcing the law impartially.
- Providing quality police service in partnership with other members of the community.
To fulfill our mission, we strive to attain the highest degree of ethical behavior and professional conduct at all times.
The Pecos Police Department strives to:
- Value the trust the public has given us, and will honestly and ethically carry out our responsibilities.
- Adhere to the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Texas in pursuit of community service.
- Investigate and respond appropriately to all allegations of impropriety.