Please view the job descriptions by clicking on the Job Title below.
To download an employment application please click here.
(2) Police Officer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.00 & up (Depending on experience)
- Posted Date:01/31/2018 5:00 PM
- Perform law enforcement and crime prevention duties while assigned to patrol division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of Criminal Law, Laws of Evidence and Texas Criminal Procedure Law
- Must be able to write complete, detailed reports covering each investigative event
- Must be capable of testifying effectively in Grand Jury and Criminal Court
- Must be able to work around violent and bloody crime scenes
- Must be capable of Conducting Traffic Stops
- Must be capable of Enforcing City Ordinance Violations
- Must arrange for regular maintenance on Assigned City Vehicle
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time by Supervisory Staff
- Required Degree/Formal Training:
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License
- Pass a Firearms Qualification Course
- Experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Required Licenses/Certificates:
- Applicant must have successfully completed a T.C.O.L.E. accredited Law Enforcement Academy and pass a T.C.O.L.E Basic Peace Officer examination.
- Must pass a background investigation
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must pass a physical assessment
- Must be capable of handling stressful situations
- Must be able to successfully qualify with a rifle
If interested, please submit a letter of interest, along with the completed job application to Patrol Captain Juan Vasquez, Jr. by emailing email@example.com.