Please view the job descriptions by clicking on the Job Title below.
To download an employment application please click here.
Correctional Officer (Multiple Positions Available)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18.00/hour
- Posted Date:02/10/2018 3:00 PM
(1) Gender Non-specific
- Implementation and day-to-day application of policy and operating procedures that are required by the Texas Commission on Jail Standards and the Pecos Police Department
- Plan and supervise the care, custody, and control of inmates
- Respond to drills for fire control, riot control, escape and other disasters
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisory staff
If interested, please submit an Employment Application to Human Resources at City Hall.
- Required Degree/Formal Training:
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License
- Pass a Firearms Qualification Course within probationary period and during the course of employment as required by department procedure.
- Experience preferred but not mandatory
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Required Licenses/Certificates: Applicant must possess a Basic Jail Certification License or receive a Basic Jail Certification License within one year of employment.
- Must pass a background investigation
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must be capable of handling stressful situations
The Town of Pecos City provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.