Please view the job descriptions by clicking on the Job Title below.
To download an employment application please click here.
(2) Jailers (Male)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18.00/hour
- Posted Date:02/10/2018 3:00 PM
- Implementation and day-to-day application of policy and operating procedures that are required by the Texas Commission on Jail Standards and the Pecos Police Department
- Plan and supervise the care, custody, and control of inmates
- Respond to drills for fire control, riot control, escape and other disasters
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisory staff
If interested, please submit an Employment Application to Human Resources at City Hall.
- Required Degree/Formal Training:
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License
- Pass a Firearms Qualification Course within probationary period and during the course of employment as required by department procedure.
- Experience preferred but not mandatory
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Required Licenses/Certificates: Applicant must possess a Basic Jail Certification License or receive a Basic Jail Certification License within one year of employment.
- Must pass a background investigation
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must be capable of handling stressful situations