Please view the job descriptions by clicking on the Job Title below.
To download an employment application please click here.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18.00 & up (Depending on experience)
- Posted Date:10/02/2017 5:00 PM
Return to full list >>
- Dispatch Police, Fire, and Ambulance Personnel on Tyler CAD & RMS System
- Handle, transfer or relay all 911 Emergency Calls
- Answer telephone for incoming calls for Police and Emergency Services
- Enter data on Omnixx System for TLETS and CJIS
- Maintain Daily Activity Reports for the Department
- Enter Telephone Complaints, Citations, Warnings, and Arrests
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisory Staff
- Experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Texas Drivers License
- Computer Skills
- Telephone Skills
Applicant must be capable of acquiring the following:
- TCIC/NCIC (Texas and National Crime Information Center) Certification
- TLETS/NLETS Basic Procedures Certification
- Basic Telecommunications Certification
- TDD (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf) Certification
- Pass state exam for Telecommunicator License within one year of employment and other certifications specified by supervisor.
- Must pass background investigation
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must pass a physical assessment
- Must be capable of handling stressful situations
The Town of Pecos City provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.