The Town of Pecos City Landfill is an approved landfill by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) as an Arid Exempt Landfill.
We currently have two (2) open pits or trenches.
- Type I Trench is designated for Residential and Commercial Waste &
- Type IV Trench is designated to receive Construction, Demolition and Green Waste
Type I and Type IV solid waste must be separated as required by TCEQ.
Under the approved permit the allowable daily average tonnage to be disposed, is 20 tons per trench.
In addition to the solid waste collection, the landfill provides leasing of 30 cubic yards Roll-off containers for commercial and residential customers.
Rules for disposal at the Pecos Landfill
- No Smoking is permitted past the scale house.
- All loads must be covered and secured in the back by a board or tailgate.
- Observe and obey all speed limit signs within the landfill.
- No scavenging is allowed inside the landfill.
- All poles, hoses, and pipes (made from any material) need to be no longer that 4 feet lengths.
- Plastic pit liner needs to also be no bigger than 4X4 feet squares.
- No Hazardous materials will be allowed at the landfill under no circumstances.
- On days were it is too muddy or windy (beyond 15 mph) Commercial waste will not be allowed in.
Also at the Pecos Landfill no trash trailer pull outs are allowed at this time whether it be from our machines or the customers.
Thank you for your cooperation, and lets keep Texas beautiful!